Monday, December 1, 2008

Down to one hand

I've had some finger pain and hand stiffness following strenuous days at the old Hudling. But now, I'm getting concerned. Last night I awoke multiple times during the night with numbness and tingling in my hand. Perhaps I was sleeping on it funny. I repositioned every time only to awake again in complete agony...the pain, the tingling, the stiffness, the weird sensation.

This is not entirely new. I've had a number of similar night time episodes, only the discomfort was limited to my middle finger. I'm not one to let obscene hand gestures fly easily, so I know it was not overuse in that way, but my hands seem to be getting stiff and sore from all the manual labor at the Hudling. My middle finger swells during the night and is very stiff and sore in the morning. Bending it causes pain in my wrist. I complain, but live with it.

But now, my pain and discomfort have reached a new level. My entire hand hurts and flexing fingers hurts my wrist. And last night was miserable. After getting up the numbness faded but returned when I was showering. And I've lost strength in it...most of my hand strength during the peak pain times. I'm thinking it might be carpel tunnel syndrome. We'll see how tonight goes. Will I ever be able to finish the Hudling?!

No comments: