Sunday, April 6, 2008

Umm...Yeah..."Stay Out of My Way" and Other Common Weekend Shopping Phrases

So, Rit and I are not known as "shoppers." We do not love to shop. We do not look forward to shopping. It's long and crowded and unbearable and much too easy to end up punching a fellow shopper. We mostly just buy stuff online.

This was a long weekend of shopping. Yuck. We spent WAY too much time in Menard's and Lowe's. Granted, as far as shopping goes, those are two of my more favorite places. I love home improvement projects. But, hours later, we emerged tired and hungry and sans patience.

Love the house...hate the prep. Go figure. But we did score some fab finds: a ceiling fan for the master bedroom, window treatments for the living and dining rooms, hardwood flooring samples, bathroom light fixtures, new gutters, paint, porch light and almost a refrigerator. Seriously, we picked out the fridge, walked away for 15 minutes, and by the time we came back, it was gone. Rrrrrr...it was a steal because it was the floor model. That was when I almost punched someone. Rit had to quickly usher me out of the store. Foul mood. Not a good time.

Rit has started on some demolition and I can totally visualize how utterly amazing this house is going to be. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is a fantastic story and oh my god guys that house is amazing!!!!!!!!! You seriously got the deal of the century!!