Friday, October 23, 2009

Ahh, Piss on it!

I realize this post is a little late, but well worth reading anyway.

Our elderly neighbor does a lot of work for us. He is a retired farmer and needs to keep busy, not only to help the time pass, but I think to feel worthy. Unfortunately, he still thinks he can work hard like a farmer and doesn't know when to call it quits. Anyway, he has been cutting the lawn at the HUDling. So one day in August I was taking the boys for a walk and saw that his truck in the driveway over there - must be lawn cutting day. We walked in the backyard to say hi, but only saw the unattended lawn mower, resting in the yard. Where was Ed? My heart began racing as images of stumbling upon a collapsed man formed in my head! Just then Ed came out of the garage from the side door. I said, "Oh, hi. I was wondering where you were." He simply said, "I had to take a piss."

No comments: