Monday, March 24, 2008

Convincing Kate

After hours of research, getting estimates, punching numbers and going through the house 2-3 times, I was ready for my presentation. This was doable! I whipped up a flashy PowerPoint for Kate, got my laser pointer ready and put on my best suit - okay, really we sat on the couch in sweats and went though it on my laptop....but it was a flashy PowerPoint! Anyway, she was sold. On to the bidding process.

Actually before bidding, I wanted to get an inspection. You see, HUD properties are sold "as is," so even though they provide a property condition report, I wanted to know exactly what we were getting ourselves into. The realtor I was working with said inspections weren't allowed until after an accepted bid. Does that make any sense at all? Best Assets (the agency that manages HUD properties in this area) told me the same thing. I asked to talk to several people before finally getting someone to say yes, I could get an inspection! So we did. Brad (the inspector) was very helpful and we were pleased with what we learned. Now on to the bidding...

No comments: